Seattle, Washington

Seatle home with Custom 5 lite bay window (west facing).the window frame / casing is literally rotting itself out.

It was properly installed, but not holding up to real life and weather. I've had Pella windows from the 70's still in perfect condition. Marvin chose inferior casing material on a high cost window. 10 yr warranty.

Not likely to get any support from manufacturer, and have to replace.Not sure what MDF they use but rot is not because of drainage or other issues, just poor base materials.

Review about: Marvin Windows.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Warranty issue / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Marvin Windows And Doors?

Comments

What year were they bought in ?

Geeomotayo Cargo - WORST COMPANY EVER!!! Geeomotayo Cargo "My advice to anyone wanting to deal with this company is to run away! Let my experience be a warning - my dealings with this horrible company is my first..." Read more Marvin Windows And Doors - Rotten Marvin windows! Marvin Windows And Doors "We remodeled our house, installing 33 Marvin windows of various sizes and styles. Within 8-10 years they began to lose their seals and cloud up. We replaced 4 of the..." Read more Gutter Helmet - Gutter Hemet Scam Gutter Helmet "Mike,I've been in Business since 1972 doing Roofs,Siding, Building Homes and also do Insurance repairs since 1987 in most ct. towns. I Have a customer that had Gutter Helmets put..." Read more Marvin Windows And Doors - Marvin Door - Major Manufacturing Issues and Poor Customer Service Marvin Windows And Doors "Two months ago we ordered a Marvin Ultimate Sliding French Door, supposedly the best of the best on the market. In fact, 10 years ago we ordered the same door..." Read more Don Juravin - Hoax alert! Roca Lab's Gastric Bypass Alternative NO Surgery proven to be a sham! Don Juravin "Don't fall for this internet quackery called Gastric Bypass Alternative NO Surgery. This stuff tastes terrible and shockingly the owner of Roca Labs who claims to have invented this stuff..." Read more Pizza Hut - Delivered pizza Pizza Hut "Ordered a lg handtoss pepperoni and mushroom pizza with extra sauce on line to get special. No spray or seasoning on crust. 11 minutes after I placed my order it..." Read more Leonid Dzhedzhula - My PayEE ID is wrong Leonid Dzhedzhula "Dear Support TEam, I need to withdraw money from Swiss Freelance company ( DeutscheForschungsGruppe ), but PayEE ID: BrideFord92 is wrong, so I could not invoice the company for the..." Read more Levin Furniture - Leather scratches too easily and arm is falling off recliner Levin Furniture "Purchased in 11/2015 to replace fabric sofa, loveseat and recliner. Spent over 4K on all Total with $700+ custom order recliner to match. Recliner left arm is put together with..." Read more