Marvin Windows And Doors - Excessive sealant on windows and in frame
I had 13 windows replaced with Marvin and had the same problem with the gunk on the windows and the excessive sealant where the windows are inserted into the frame.It took me hours to remove it from the glass with a razor blade and solvent and I had to use a blade to trim all of the windows that were oozing out the sealant.
I think they were seconds but could never get a satisfactory answer from the installing company. He came out and said "It doesn't affect the performance" Good gracious??? AND, when I wash the windows I still see the advertising logo in the upper corner. I am going to install a Marvin Sliding door from a different installer and am hoping for the best.
I would recommend that buyers have the windows delivered in advance of installation and inspect the product.
I am going to do this on this installation.Attached photo is after I cleaned up the overflow.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor product quality
- Bad customer service
- Poor quality of premium windows
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- Marvin Crank Out Windows
- Review category
- Building Products
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I bought top of the line Pergo Flooring with the Gold under layment and some sort of seal for below that. We were told it had a lifetime warranty and..."
- "These door are bull ***...i paid 400 dollars for. A SECURITY door that had a 1000 break in warranty. ..beware they only cover if they burglars break threw the glass....they..."
- "The lock and latch system on the Larson Security Storm door is contrary to safe opening panic latches. I had a Larson Security Storm door installed in September, 2015. The..."
- "I Googled i need to change my address at the post office so then i clicked on official usps change of address form, i read through everything to make sure..."
- "Different people twice tried to send me funds via ClearXChange. Each time, I was asked to register, and then the link said my CapitalOne bank was a partner, and then..."
- "I ordered a "Deluxe" funeral spray, shown. Their website said the Deluxe was what was pictured. I paid $107. I accidentally put "Jr." after my brother's name (my Dad was..."
- "I recently used the Suave Keratin Infusion 30 Day Smoothing Kit. I had purchased the product quite some time ago and was unaware it had been taken off the market..."
- "We they sold Me a substandard uni joint, I have been working on cars trucks Semi's Motorcycles Boats etc for most of My Life starting at 8..."
- "Impossible to get a hold of them! the contact page is down, wont accept any messages, they ignore me on facebook, wont take my calls or emails, and are just..."