I had 13 windows replaced with Marvin and had the same problem with the gunk on the windows and the excessive sealant where the windows are inserted into the frame.It took me hours to remove it from the glass with a razor blade and solvent and I had to use a blade to trim all of the windows that were oozing out the sealant.
I think they were seconds but could never get a satisfactory answer from the installing company. He came out and said "It doesn't affect the performance" Good gracious??? AND, when I wash the windows I still see the advertising logo in the upper corner. I am going to install a Marvin Sliding door from a different installer and am hoping for the best.
I would recommend that buyers have the windows delivered in advance of installation and inspect the product.
I am going to do this on this installation.Attached photo is after I cleaned up the overflow.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor product quality
- Bad customer service
- Poor quality of premium windows
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- Marvin Crank Out Windows
- Review category
- Building Products
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Handyman Service, Portland, Maine I hired Tracy Hayes from Home Advisor (Portland, ME) to repair my deck as per the original deck design. I wanted pressure treated wood, I specified that..."
- "When my dad said he was paying over 2k for two upper runs & a downspout I tried to talk him out of it, but he wanted our house to..."
- "My name is Kimberly It's weird I had the same problem. I am documenting and taking photos because I'm suing them for the crappy job. My walls are soft, and..."
- "When filling out the Preliminary Questions, I got to the last question that says if I am at least 16. I click on yes but it does not bring me..."
- "In August, 2015, my husband and I rented a trailer from a U-Haul location in St. Paul in order to take our daughter down to college in Ames, Iowa. ..."
- "Guests badly scratch a stove top with sharp object, damaging a new stove on a recently renovated kitchen. FlipKey ignored our claim and return deposit to guest. The apt was..."
- "I bought a couch from the Gardner White on Hall Road on Friday, October 21st. I scheduled a 4pm-11pm delivery for today, October 25th, since it was the earliest they..."
- "I ordered mats for my kitchen from a daily deal. When they came (I like the rugs. They were what I expected) they came postage due for $5.85. There was..."
- "They do not respect lifetime warranty. I bought these HID Low and High beam. I did had a replacement about a year after I bought. And next year after still do..."