I had 13 windows replaced with Marvin and had the same problem with the gunk on the windows and the excessive sealant where the windows are inserted into the frame.It took me hours to remove it from the glass with a razor blade and solvent and I had to use a blade to trim all of the windows that were oozing out the sealant.

I think they were seconds but could never get a satisfactory answer from the installing company. He came out and said "It doesn't affect the performance" Good gracious??? AND, when I wash the windows I still see the advertising logo in the upper corner. I am going to install a Marvin Sliding door from a different installer and am hoping for the best.

I would recommend that buyers have the windows delivered in advance of installation and inspect the product.

I am going to do this on this installation.Attached photo is after I cleaned up the overflow.

This reviewer shared experience about damaged or defective and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Marvin Windows And Doors and uploaded a picture. The most disappointing about marvin windows and doors door from Marvin Windows And Doors was poor product quality, bad customer service and poor quality of premium windows Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following companies Pella or Andersen Windows that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Marvin Windows And Doors.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Building Products category for more informed decision or compare Marvin Windows And Doors to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Marvin Windows And Doors?

Comments

That is called wet glazing and done on both sides ( and is the best way to seal a sash to glass unit ) , we install the Marvin products and occasionally there is too much .They check the machine hourly to calibrate how much comes out but obviously it was getting a little thick there .

That is something we as a installation company clean up for our customers because most of that leaching of sealant is actually happening after the product is covered with cardboard to protect the product .So how is the other 99.99 % of the window ?