Saint Paul, Minnesota

I had 13 windows replaced with Marvin and had the same problem with the gunk on the windows and the excessive sealant where the windows are inserted into the frame.It took me hours to remove it from the glass with a razor blade and solvent and I had to use a blade to trim all of the windows that were oozing out the sealant.

Related: Marvin Windows And Doors - Broken kitchen door

I think they were seconds but could never get a satisfactory answer from the installing company. He came out and said "It doesn't affect the performance" Good gracious??? AND, when I wash the windows I still see the advertising logo in the upper corner. I am going to install a Marvin Sliding door from a different installer and am hoping for the best.

I would recommend that buyers have the windows delivered in advance of installation and inspect the product.

I am going to do this on this installation.Attached photo is after I cleaned up the overflow.

Review about: Marvin Crank Out Windows.

I didn't like: Poor product quality, Bad customer service, Poor quality of premium windows.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Marvin Windows And Doors?

Comments

That is called wet glazing and done on both sides ( and is the best way to seal a sash to glass unit ) , we install the Marvin products and occasionally there is too much .They check the machine hourly to calibrate how much comes out but obviously it was getting a little thick there .

That is something we as a installation company clean up for our customers because most of that leaching of sealant is actually happening after the product is covered with cardboard to protect the product .So how is the other 99.99 % of the window ?