Marvin Windows And Doors - Excessive sealant on windows and in frame

28 of 99 Marvin Windows And Doors reviews

I had 13 windows replaced with Marvin and had the same problem with the gunk on the windows and the excessive sealant where the windows are inserted into the frame.It took me hours to remove it from the glass with a razor blade and solvent and I had to use a blade to trim all of the windows that were oozing out the sealant.

I think they were seconds but could never get a satisfactory answer from the installing company. He came out and said "It doesn't affect the performance" Good gracious??? AND, when I wash the windows I still see the advertising logo in the upper corner. I am going to install a Marvin Sliding door from a different installer and am hoping for the best.

I would recommend that buyers have the windows delivered in advance of installation and inspect the product.

I am going to do this on this installation.Attached photo is after I cleaned up the overflow.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Poor product quality
    • Bad customer service
    • Poor quality of premium windows

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Product or service
Marvin Crank Out Windows
Review category
Building Products
review #780370

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Marvin Windows And Doors? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
28 of 99 Marvin Windows And Doors reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 21 #1115540

That is called wet glazing and done on both sides ( and is the best way to seal a sash to glass unit ) , we install the Marvin products and occasionally there is too much . They check the machine hourly to calibrate how much comes out but obviously it was getting a little thick there . That is something we as a installation company clean up for our customers because most of that leaching of sealant is actually happening after the product is covered with cardboard to protect the product . So how is the other 99.99 % of the window ?

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Marvin Windows And Doors. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Marvin Windows And Doors.
Filing a new complaint about
×