Marvin Windows And Doors - Marvin new build windows FADING my wood floors and furniture

In the spring of 2014 we replaced our 15 year old Vetter windows with Marvin New build Low E 272 with argon windows.With in a year I started to notice my furniture and wood floors fading SEVERLY!

Along with that I feel like I have to wear sunglasses when I sit next to the large picture window in our living room when the sun is out. In the spring of 2015 I contacted the store where I purchased the windows and they have left me hanging. No one has even come out to look at the damage. In the fall of 2015 I contacted Marvin after I got tierd of waiting for the store to call me back and she told me to deal with it with the place you bought the windows.

UNREAL!! MARVIN!!! I also had a thermal analysis done on my home and the tech that did the analysis expressed concern on how well ALL the casement windows sealed. I called over to have all of the weather stripping replaced and she has yet to get back with me on that but said it will probably be at a cost.

WHAT! These windows aren't even two years old. SOOO disappointed! We spent 30K on these windows.

I have 30k in wood floors in my house. I am suppose to accept this!!?? You can clearly see in the picture where my jewelry box sets. The dressers are getting so faded they look white now with very little glazing.

I would not buy Marvin windows again nor would I recommend them!Customer service SUCKS!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

• Bad customer service

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Marvin Windows
Review category
Building Products
review #765943 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Marvin Windows And Doors? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 21 #1115561

Your comments seem almost unbeleiveable , maybe the company you bought the windows from screwed up the order . There is a serial number in every piece of glass , take down all the information from a corner on the glass and call the factory to see if the order has 272 in it .

0 0 Reply

Feb 21 #1115598

Thanks for your comment. It is unbelievable that I am living in this mess! I still have yet to hear back from the Marvin store about the weather stripping since my post. This post is completely true. I can't believe that no one has said to themselves " man this lady has a unique problem maybe I should look farther into it". Instead they are assuming the windows were put together correctly. Mistakes do happen and I clearly have a problem. I'm pretty sure when I contacted Marvin I gave them a list of numbers off one of the windows but I will look into that suggestion again. I know on my order sheet it said 272. Any additional help you can give is welcomed! Maybe the CEO of marvins number? Haha

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.