Sebastopol, California
1.6K views 1 comment
Featured Not resolved

Marvin Windows are ***. Window's 11 years old have rotted frames. I've had a Marvin installer inspect the installation and was told that they were installed correctly.

Not only has the wood rotted but the crank mechanism has pulled away from the window frame. On the exterior cladding sash - water will sit for days.

I called Marvin and was basically told - the windows were out of warranty and that I was on my own. How Marvin remains in business is a real mystery.

My 32 year old Pella Windows still look as good as new.

I would not install Marvin windows in an outhouse.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Poor customer support, Poor product quality.

Had an Experience with Marvin Windows And Doors?

Comments

John D. ***ad
Wareham, Massachusetts, United States #1299113

I've had good luck mostly but have had some concerns as well.We had a fierce micro burst in our yard and until my wife noticed and then screamed at was happening outside our windows I didn't hear a thing.

Keeps out the wind, the cold, and the noise.

On the other side all the 14 year windows are sticking and difficult to open. Most of the weather stripping is hanging loose or fallen off and to my dismay I recently noticed the wood on my patio door is rotting (on the inside) as all of my Marvin's are "clad".

I have had problems with them on occasion and found their customer service was excellent and their repair crew as well.

I intend to call them this morning about our situation and hope that I will still receive the great care I have experienced in the past. I'm not really sure that I am really happy with the overall quality of the windows as I think that maybe there are just too many features and gadgets that cause the windows to break down.

My last house was a 110 year old Colonial Revial.I sold it with the same trouble free windows still in place.

Something to be said here.