Marvin Windows And Doors - Rotting Marvin windows, leaking seals
We built our house in 1998 - 7000 square foot home, LOTS of windows, all "top of the line" Marvin windows - my husband runs a small family owned contracting business founded in 1928.And he believes in buying local, from family-owned businesses.
Thus his choice of Marvin. Bad mistake. The windows started rotting, we could not figure out where water was leaking in but with hard driving rains, water was dripping downstairs one level below our large south-facing window complex. Marvin piecemeal replaced various windows in the complex over the years (there are 9 windows in the set) but last year, their rep came out and said the big window's seal was a two piece seal and he showed us how it had separated - thus finally explaining how the water was getting in to our windows.
Today my husband started taking the wall under the windows apart - it is destroyed, floor joists black, rotten, WET, subfloor ruined, outer wood of house (under the brick) ruined and rotted. This is going to cost upwards of $80,000-$100,000 to repair. This is Marvin's poor workmanship which has caused this. They say they did their best replacing the windows "out of warranty" now and then.
Little did we know the cumulative damage and water penetration which was occurring in our walls. MOLD everywhere in the walls, the insulation was soaking wet. It is so sad to see our beautiful home ruined by their poor workmanship. Needless to say, we are getting an attorney involved.
We have Andersen building the replacement windows ($20,000 just for the 9 window set).Please please please avoid Marvin windows!!!!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Bad customer service defective windows
You May Also Like
- "These door are bull ***...i paid 400 dollars for. A SECURITY door that had a 1000 break in warranty. ..beware they only cover if they burglars break threw the glass....they..."
- " Here is a descriptive account of the time-line: • 898.32 square feet of VM HS Solid Golden Teak ¾ x 4-3/4"SKU: 10006652/VMGT5/2009 Flooring and Eco Silent Sound HD Underlayment were purchased from..."
- "Thank you for sending Bob Gibson, a Pella representative to my residence. Per Bob, the lower windows that he inspected are separating. At my residence, there are 12 openings with..."
- "I wanted to try HoneyColor.com because of the buy 1 get 1 free deal. I ordered 6 lenses total. Shipping was decent and the packaging is cute, each one came..."
- "Went to return a item that I bought last night. Turned out to be the wrong item decided to take it back today. Walked in with the item under my..."
- "We booked a package through BookVIP being told we were not staying at the intended resort that was being offered thru the time share. However - I distinctly asked if..."
- "I purchased a Kenmore gas range from Sears.com.Bought it on Black Friday 11-24-16. First, pay someone to pick it up for me in the store because I don't own a..."
- "Do not buy from this company. I bought items on Oct 11th for my daughters birthday and I still have not received them.I have sent numerous emails and all I..."
- "It so sad to see all these negative reviews . I received my Snap On Smile (SOS) in February of 2012 and its the best 1600 dollar investment i made..."