Marvin Windows And Doors - Rotting Marvin windows, leaking seals
We built our house in 1998 - 7000 square foot home, LOTS of windows, all "top of the line" Marvin windows - my husband runs a small family owned contracting business founded in 1928.And he believes in buying local, from family-owned businesses.
Thus his choice of Marvin. Bad mistake. The windows started rotting, we could not figure out where water was leaking in but with hard driving rains, water was dripping downstairs one level below our large south-facing window complex. Marvin piecemeal replaced various windows in the complex over the years (there are 9 windows in the set) but last year, their rep came out and said the big window's seal was a two piece seal and he showed us how it had separated - thus finally explaining how the water was getting in to our windows.
Today my husband started taking the wall under the windows apart - it is destroyed, floor joists black, rotten, WET, subfloor ruined, outer wood of house (under the brick) ruined and rotted. This is going to cost upwards of $80,000-$100,000 to repair. This is Marvin's poor workmanship which has caused this. They say they did their best replacing the windows "out of warranty" now and then.
Little did we know the cumulative damage and water penetration which was occurring in our walls. MOLD everywhere in the walls, the insulation was soaking wet. It is so sad to see our beautiful home ruined by their poor workmanship. Needless to say, we are getting an attorney involved.
We have Andersen building the replacement windows ($20,000 just for the 9 window set).Please please please avoid Marvin windows!!!!
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Bad customer service defective windows
You May Also Like
- "I had 13 windows replaced with Marvin and had the same problem with the gunk on the windows and the excessive sealant where the windows are inserted into the frame...."
- "In the spring of 2014 we replaced our 15 year old Vetter windows with Marvin New build Low E 272 with argon windows. With in a year I started..."
- "We purchased 2 Marvin Sliding glass doors and the glass itself is wavy. During the day this isn't a problem. But a night, when you look at your reflection in the..."
- "I can't return men items. I'm a very good customer for at least ten years. I pay every month on time. I've NEVER returned anything. Please make an exception. You..."
- "https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/26917254 THIS IS FAKE DO NOT FALL FOR THIS ***! Person trying to sell it goes by the name Brianna Linnetti. There is no possible way anyone would sell a..."
- "i had ordered for magnetic iphone cable through facebook ad and got linked to shopify for order. I used my credit card for fulfilling the payment and amount of $14.95..."
- "In August, 2015, my husband and I rented a trailer from a U-Haul location in St. Paul in order to take our daughter down to college in Ames, Iowa. ..."
- "Received a dozen red roses at work on Friday Feb 12th. Expecting to open the box and see large red roses, I find rose buds instead. I figure the next..."
- "On 05/13/10, upon receipt of my order, I contacted cymax about the size discrepancy of the item I recieved, and on 05/15/10 when I provided photos of the broken table..."