We built our house in 1998 - 7000 square foot home, LOTS of windows, all "top of the line" Marvin windows - my husband runs a small family owned contracting business founded in 1928.And he believes in buying local, from family-owned businesses.
Thus his choice of Marvin. Bad mistake. The windows started rotting, we could not figure out where water was leaking in but with hard driving rains, water was dripping downstairs one level below our large south-facing window complex. Marvin piecemeal replaced various windows in the complex over the years (there are 9 windows in the set) but last year, their rep came out and said the big window's seal was a two piece seal and he showed us how it had separated - thus finally explaining how the water was getting in to our windows.
Today my husband started taking the wall under the windows apart - it is destroyed, floor joists black, rotten, WET, subfloor ruined, outer wood of house (under the brick) ruined and rotted. This is going to cost upwards of $80,000-$100,000 to repair. This is Marvin's poor workmanship which has caused this. They say they did their best replacing the windows "out of warranty" now and then.
Little did we know the cumulative damage and water penetration which was occurring in our walls. MOLD everywhere in the walls, the insulation was soaking wet. It is so sad to see our beautiful home ruined by their poor workmanship. Needless to say, we are getting an attorney involved.
We have Andersen building the replacement windows ($20,000 just for the 9 window set).Please please please avoid Marvin windows!!!!
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Bad customer service defective windows
You May Also Like
- "In the spring of 2014 we replaced our 15 year old Vetter windows with Marvin New build Low E 272 with argon windows. With in a year I started..."
- "I used Behr Deckover on my deck last fall and it is peeling all over the place. It took me months to apply waiting for cool weather and no..."
- "Marvin Windows are ***. Window's 11 years old have rotted frames. I've had a Marvin installer inspect the installation and was told that they were installed correctly. Not only has..."
- "When filling out the Preliminary Questions, I got to the last question that says if I am at least 16. I click on yes but it does not bring me..."
- "I made an appt with Fantastic Sams to get my hair dyed and cut. I made the appt for the wrong Fantastic Sams and did not realize it till I..."
- "Went to return a item that I bought last night. Turned out to be the wrong item decided to take it back today. Walked in with the item under my..."
- "I called for a carry out pizza managers special witch says unlimited toppings well the man over the phone told me it's only 3 toppings for that pie so I..."
- "The first time I ordered from them I paid $50 something dollars but never could get my order . I decided to try again and 3 out of 4 of..."
- "Be very, very, very cautious of dealing with this company. I will not ever do business with them again. I have been trying to get them to replace a coil..."