1.9

We built our house in 1998 - 7000 square foot home, LOTS of windows, all "top of the line" Marvin windows - my husband runs a small family owned contracting business founded in 1928.And he believes in buying local, from family-owned businesses.

Thus his choice of Marvin. Bad mistake. The windows started rotting, we could not figure out where water was leaking in but with hard driving rains, water was dripping downstairs one level below our large south-facing window complex. Marvin piecemeal replaced various windows in the complex over the years (there are 9 windows in the set) but last year, their rep came out and said the big window's seal was a two piece seal and he showed us how it had separated - thus finally explaining how the water was getting in to our windows.

Today my husband started taking the wall under the windows apart - it is destroyed, floor joists black, rotten, WET, subfloor ruined, outer wood of house (under the brick) ruined and rotted. This is going to cost upwards of $80,000-$100,000 to repair. This is Marvin's poor workmanship which has caused this. They say they did their best replacing the windows "out of warranty" now and then.

Little did we know the cumulative damage and water penetration which was occurring in our walls. MOLD everywhere in the walls, the insulation was soaking wet. It is so sad to see our beautiful home ruined by their poor workmanship. Needless to say, we are getting an attorney involved.

We have Andersen building the replacement windows ($20,000 just for the 9 window set).Please please please avoid Marvin windows!!!!

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of marvin windows and doors window from Marvin Windows And Doors and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Marvin Windows And Doors to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was bad customer service defective windows. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Also, this reviewer considered the following companies: Pella, Andersen Windows or Milgard. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Marvin Windows And Doors for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Marvin Windows And Doors?

Comments