We built our house in 1998 - 7000 square foot home, LOTS of windows, all "top of the line" Marvin windows - my husband runs a small family owned contracting business founded in 1928.And he believes in buying local, from family-owned businesses.

Related: Marvin Windows And Doors - Defective Product - "Customer Service" a misnomer - Lousy Company

Thus his choice of Marvin. Bad mistake. The windows started rotting, we could not figure out where water was leaking in but with hard driving rains, water was dripping downstairs one level below our large south-facing window complex. Marvin piecemeal replaced various windows in the complex over the years (there are 9 windows in the set) but last year, their rep came out and said the big window's seal was a two piece seal and he showed us how it had separated - thus finally explaining how the water was getting in to our windows.

Today my husband started taking the wall under the windows apart - it is destroyed, floor joists black, rotten, WET, subfloor ruined, outer wood of house (under the brick) ruined and rotted. This is going to cost upwards of $80,000-$100,000 to repair. This is Marvin's poor workmanship which has caused this. They say they did their best replacing the windows "out of warranty" now and then.

Little did we know the cumulative damage and water penetration which was occurring in our walls. MOLD everywhere in the walls, the insulation was soaking wet. It is so sad to see our beautiful home ruined by their poor workmanship. Needless to say, we are getting an attorney involved.

We have Andersen building the replacement windows ($20,000 just for the 9 window set).Please please please avoid Marvin windows!!!!

I didn't like: Bad customer service defective windows.

1.9
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Marvin Windows And Doors?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.