Replaced my windows in 2005 that were installed when the house was built in 1928. The old one were perfect, so sorry I did this, the Marvin ones are rotting and when I contacted them they said the 10 year warranty was up, just over the 10 years.

I used an agent, who has since gone out of business but I have been told is operating in The UK. When I contacted Marvin they gave me No customer service. Receipt with Marvin logo attached.

I would never recommend them. They should be backing up their product instead of leaving customers with bills to repair a product that is substandard P Flannery Dublin

Product or Service Mentioned: Marvin Windows And Doors Window.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Looks of the windows and doors.

I didn't like: Poor quality and defective material.

Comments

HII have the same issue from the same year. I did some research and learned that Marvin Windows knew their windows were rotting in the year 2000.

Marvin Windows sued a Pittsburgh-based company named PPG Industries for failing to prevent rot in its wood window frames manufactured in the late 1980s. They did not win and kept appealing.In 2005 they were granted an appeal and won their case for millions. I suspect that the windows I purchased were left over in 2005 and Marvin Windows knowingly continued to sell their product.

This link will bring you to the actual lawsuit won on appeal in 2005. http://media.ca8.uscourts.gov/opndir/05/03/022833P.pdf

to Kristen Gordon #1535784

Marvin makes their windows to order, so to say you received leftover windows that they supposedly held onto for years is insane. Wood exterior windows have to be inspected every year and caulked and repainted every 3 to 4 years. I’m guessing this did not happen