We have a Marvin sliding glass patio door that's 6 years old.While I was at home reading around 7:30 the other night, I heard a big pop.
The door's outer glass pane, which was covered by a screen, had shattered and continued to break for the next 2 hours. As far as I can tell, nothing impacted the glass—and I would have noticed since I was sitting in the same room. There's a warranty on the glass, but Marvin won't honor it.
They looked at the picture and said it was an impact break.I'm sure they get fraudulent warranty claims all the time, but I'm left scratching my head and saying, "Impacted by what?" Now I'm worried about spontaneous breakage in my other Marvin windows and doors.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Warranty issue
- Preferred solution:
- Warranty replacement of the window
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Marvin Windows And Doors Sliding Patio Door
- Review category
- Building Products
You May Also Like
- "After much research, I decided to go with the Versa Tube Grand. I have read the reviews and admit I had the same issue with the free shipping, and never..."
- "Fall 2011, we purchased six interior 6-panel PRE-painted doors from Menard's. We paid $25 extra per door as I thought it would be worth my time not to have..."
- "Had these windows installed in 2008. Noticed a leak in the kitchen. After several calls and visits, I find out these windows are not installed properly, no J Channels, just..."
- "I purchased a new ford 09 f150 king ranch pickup truck within the first year the seats started to fade and discolor ,this is a pleasure vehicle not a..."
- "I threatened a class action lawsuit if I didn't receive my products within the next two weeks. Instead of complying...they completely refunded my money. Thought that was interesting: From: Erin Nugent..."
- "I started seeing pictures of these lockets on my Facebook news feed in early 2013 and was intrigued. I thought the idea of a locket with charms was adorable..."
- "delamination on left side panel of slide out and structural issues on rear left and right side screws broke off so the sliders frame is coming apart from the frame..."
- "I have no idea who is running this business now, but I bought a stainless steel and gold Rolex Submariner from Tom at Ideal Watches in February, 2001. The customer..."
- "I purchased The Espresso colored 3pc. set (couch, loveseat, recliner) in Mid-December 2012. The main issue I have now is that both the couch and loveseat are cracking and peeling..."