1.5K views

I am a licensed contractor who installed a Marvin french door for a customer.The door itself cost $1900 plus finishing and installation.

The door was warped 1/8 " from top to bottom causing the door to not seal at the top. We spent a great deal of extra time trying to tweak the installation to accomadate this issue but could not remedy it completely Marvin sent out a tech who told us that the allowable tolerance for warping is 1/4 ". The weatherstripping is only thick enough for a variance of 1/16" at most.

No help from Marvin and I have a pissed customer.I used to tell clients that Marvin was the best but never again.

Review about: Marvin Windows And Doors Door.

Had an Experience with Marvin Windows And Doors?

Comments

I HAVE INSTALLED LOTS OF MARVIN DOORS AND 1/8 IS ACCEPTABLE BY ALL FULL GLASS WOOD DOOR COMPANIES DOOR COMPANY STANDARDS . THE DOOR WILL EASILY REMEDY ITSELF WITH THE MULTI POINT LOCK SYSTEM AND MEMORY THE DOOR SLAB

Maple Grove, Minnesota, United States #595494

I am the contractor that wrote the above complaint about door warping. Since posting Marvin has responded and visited my customer and agreed to remedy the problem with a new door. I'm very encouraged and will report back when new door is in.

Warroad, Minnesota, United States #591887

Marvin Windows and Doors would like to discuss your concern in further detail. Please contact the Customer Service department at 1-800-727-7596.

Henderson, Nevada, United States #591771

Thank you for the post. I'm trying to decide on a houseful of wood clad windows and doors and Marvin and Milgard are my top choices, after my research I think Milgard is the best window and they have a lifetime warranty.

to Anonymous #613501

Never heard of Milgard. Where is there main office?

to Anonymous Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States #681484

That lifetime warranty won't mean much when the company is out of business or retracts from your particular region like they did in Minnesota. Not a stable company and the product is chincy.