1.4K views
1.3

I have over 60 Marvin Windows, which were installed new when I built my home.Many double hung windows lost plastic pieces that dried out and fell off.

However, ALL of the casement windows are rotting from the inside out. was told these would be lifetime purchases. Marvin inspected and said they no longer manufacture the casement windows this way due to their design defect, which allowed water to collect and be trapped and then which caused rot. The offered to sell me replacement windows at sky high prices, and I would have to find installer.

When I questioned the price, indicating this was a manufacturer's defect, they stopped all further communication, ignored several requests for a response to my letters, and just stonewalled. This is identical conduct to several other online complaints I read where they answered an initial complaint, and then just stonewalled and never did anything to adjust the complaint.

I would never buy another window from Marvin.My impression is that it is a budget window at premium price.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to "replace rotten windows and sashes at company expense i would be willing to pay installation costs" as the author lost $5000. The author is overall dissatisfied with Marvin Windows And Doors. The most disappointing about marvin windows and doors window from Marvin Windows And Doors was customer service, warranty and poor quality of premium windows Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following companies Pella or Andersen Windows that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Marvin Windows And Doors.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Building Products category for more informed decision or compare Marvin Windows And Doors to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Marvin Windows And Doors?

Comments

Gold Beach, Oregon, United States #1270666

Hello, I am a general contractor in Oregon and recently had a homeowner call me in regards to the exact same complaint that you mentioned.Her windows are rotting from the inside out.

Could find no external reason why.

Several windows no longer even function and must be replaced.Does perhaps another company (Anderson?) make a window that would be a close match?